Sunday, August 21, 2011

Debris on the Scene

Welcome to SceneinFullerton, a new collaborative blog. Each contributor will highlight their unique voice, and bring something new to the reading table.

Don't think this tree appreciates
being used as an ashtray.
Don't think this tree appreciates being used as an ashtray.For the most part, I’m thinking I’ll take a literal approach – what’s seen around the campus, the parking lots, the walkways. On a recent excursion, so much litter could be found that I was shocked. And while I tend to stay away from being political, I couldn’t help notice the abundance of smoking-related debris. Totally gross. (While I don’t smoke, I have friends that do, and they always pick up their buds.)


Need a Lighter? How about some smokes?



These photos were taken in Downtown Fullerton, around the parking lot near Harbor and Commonwealth. For those who don't know, the Downtown area has become a hangout haven on the weekends. Come Monday, evidence of the weekend "fun" can be found.

And, that's -- unfortunately -- not all that was seen. If you're hungry, there's always some Cheetos:


And for those looking for some reading material, well, there's plenty of that discarded:


So tell me, what have you seen? 

No comments:

Post a Comment