Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Zodiac Love Songs

As a hopeless romantic who has never had a boyfriend in my whole life, my relationship with February 14th has grown with me. I went along with it at first when I learned single people are supposed to hate Valentine’s Day. Luckily for me, I have a mom who taught me the importance of celebrating love in all its forms. Now, I see today as an excuse to do all of my favorite things and remind my friends and family that I love them endlessly. 

Expressing that love can be tricky. Music is a love language that transcends any kind of boundary. It’s my favorite way to tell someone how I feel without telling them. For this Valentine’s post, I curated a list of love songs according to how each zodiac sign shows its unique version of love.


Aries (March 21 - April 19) 

“Never Too Much” by Luther Vandross 

Every Aries in my life is energetic, bold, and enthusiastic, even if they keep it cool on the outside. They’re typically abundantly loving and soulful with their words. Their love is limitless. 


Taurus (April 20 - May 20) 

“I Will Follow You Into The Dark” by Death Cab for Cutie

I think the defining characteristic of the Taurus community is their stubbornness. This flows into their loyalty, devotion to loved ones, and ability to make deep connections. I’ve never dated a Taurus, but they sound like the type of person you would want on your team. 


Gemini (May 21 - June 21) 

“Red (Taylor’s Version)” by Taylor Swift 

I’m a Gemini, so I feel like this is my moment to say that I am over the Gemini slander. Two-faced? No. Extra thoughtful and capable of duality? Yes. They’re playful, curious, and the life of the party when they’re in the mood. I feel like this song encapsulates the many feelings Geminis can feel at once when falling in love. 


Cancer (June 22 - July 22)

“Arms” by Christina Perri

Protective, intuitive, and generous with their love, Cancers prefer a deep connection to a fun fling. Experiences in the past may cause them to put their guard up, and it takes the right person to take those walls down. 


Leo (July 23 - August 23)

“Lovefool” by The Cardigans 

Leos love attention, and they want their partner to be extra possessive of their love. Dating a Leo is a commitment in the sense that they require constant romantic reassurance, and they expect the same level of loyalty they give. 


Virgo (August 23 - September 22)

“Love on Top” by Beyoncé

Virgos are organized problem solvers. There is barely a problem they can’t solve, and this idea can be applied to how they show love. If a relationship gets rocky, they will give everything they can to remedy it before ending it altogether. Beyoncé is a Virgo. 


Libra (September 22 - October 23) 

“Love Song” by Elton John

Libras are lovey. They’re also indecisive and get bored quickly. When they love, they love hard with lots of passion. Libras often go out of their way to make their partner feel special. Some people think that it takes time for Libras to truly commit, but when it comes to their emotions, they tend to fall very quickly. 


Scorpio (October 23 - November 21) 

“Songbird” by Fleetwood Mac

Trust issues tend to run rampant in Scorpios. They tend to keep their cards a bit closer to their chest compared to other signs, and they are the last sign to wear their heart on their sleeves. However, a Scorpio will always have your back. If they choose you, you should feel secure in the fact that they have no intention of leaving anytime soon. 



Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21)

“Just like Heaven” by The Cure

Unlike a Scorpio, a Sagittarius is much more trusting from the jump. They aren’t afraid to voice their opinion and tend to get away with it because of how bubbly and charismatic they are. Their outspoken nature doesn’t take away from their ability to treat others with sensitivity. They love to learn about worlds they are not a part of, and they rarely worry about the little things. 


Capricorn (December 22 - January 19)

“Make It With You” by Bread

When a Capricorn wants something, they are going to get it. Hardworking, persistent, and strong, they are not going to give up on the relationship. They’re level-headed, which explains they don’t jump into things too quickly. They tread cautiously in the beginning, but once they decide it is something they want, they are not going to let go of it. 


Aquarius (January 20 - February 18)

“You’re Still the One” by Shania Twain

This sign takes their time seriously, so they are not one to waste it. Especially when it comes to love. They’re strong individuals, logical, and straight up. This sign is in it for the long haul when they find the right person.


Pisces (February 19 - March 20)

“Kiss Me” by Sixpence None the Richer

I tend to fall for Pisces men. I think it is because of their natural creativity, humor, and imagination. Pisces are emotionally driven, for better or for worse. They like to feel like they are serving a significant purpose in their partner’s life, so they go above and beyond in any way they can. 



I love how music can explain everything and anything. No matter your sign, I'm sure you can relate to these songs, and I hope you find ways to celebrate all the love in your life this Valentine’s Day!

Check out the playlist (on Apple Music, I'm sorry) of the songs I included in today's post! 

 

6 comments:

  1. This Libra appreciates your take! So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listened to the song thats for Aquarius and loved it! I think the song is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm a leo so I will definitely be listening to your recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was very insightful. It was very engaging and made me intrigued to know more. I loved my zodiac sign.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the concept of this post! I'm a Libra so I am definitely indecisive. I haven't heard the song that goes with my Zodiac sign, but I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a virgo, I LOVE our song. Such a bop. I did not know Beyoncé was a virgo!

    ReplyDelete