Friday, March 29, 2024

How To Make Capirotada

    

    Capirotada is a traditional family recipe that my grandma and Tias make yearly on Good Friday to celebrate the end of the Lent season. This is a delicious Mexican bread pudding that is full of love and taste that brings my family together. Here's how to make this delicious dish that will have your taste buds jumping for joy.

 

Ingredients: 

(one cake pan)

  • 3-5 bolillos (bread)

  • 1 cinnamon stick

  • 3 little loaves of Piloncillo (brown sugar)

  • 3 sticks of unsalted butter

  • 2 cups of water

  • 1 can condensed milk

  • 1 can of evaporated milk

  • 8 cups whole milk

  • Vanilla 

  • Coconut 

  • Almonds

  • Raisins


Instructions:

1. Add water, cinnamon stick, and Piloncillo to boil in a pot.

2. Melt butter (microwave)

3. Cut the bolillos in circles 

4. Brush melted butter on both sides of bolillos and place in an oven-safe dish

5. Put in the oven at 350°F for 30 min or until golden brown

6. Once the water comes to a boil, add the 3 milk ingredients plus vanilla (mix well)

7. Put the pot with milk mixtures on the stove and bring to a boil, once it’s boiled remove

the cinnamon stick 

8. Prepare the cake pan with butter

9. Put bread circles into milk mixture until soaked

10. Place the first layer of bread into a pan 

11. Add coconut, almonds, and raisins. Then add a second layer and do the same

12. Once your 2 layers are complete add the rest of the milk mixture

13. Place in oven at 350°F for 30 minutes

14. Optional add tostadas as a topping


Ready to enjoy!!





5 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks so delicious! I've never tried that before, but I am definitely going to have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this looks so good! This is super nostalgic for me, my family also makes capirotada all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Adriana, your blog stood out to me with your capirotada. I have not heard of this sweet recipe but Vanilla, coconut, raisins, and almonds are my favorite combination of flavors together. I would love to try your recipe, so thank you for the ingredients and steps in making this sweet treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe is very nice. It is a great seasonal snack to make with family. That capirotada was definitely made with lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a dessert I've never heard of, and it looks absolutely delish! Anything with raisins in it, I am 100% down to try! I'll definitely get around to baking this!

    ReplyDelete