Friday, September 27, 2024

Attending The Barbie Movie Premiere

 Last summer, I was lucky enough to attend the Barbie Movie world premiere in Los Angeles. Like many others, I grew up playing with Barbies so getting to see the movie with all the stars in attendance was a dream come true. The energy alone at the premiere was amazing, but the set design was better. The premiere was at the Shrine Auditorium where many other famous Hollywood blockbuster premieres have been held. As I got closer to the theater, the more pink I was surrounded by. Fans, influencers, and celebrities embraced the pink as everyone was wearing the beautiful color, myself included. I made sure to feel and look like a Barbie before leaving the house. 

I saw so many celebrities, the first one being Flo from Progressive with the Duolingo mascot. The closer it got to the actual movie showing, the more celebrities/influencers I saw. While waiting to get inside, I can proudly say I successfully took a selfie with Sky Jackson, mostly known for being on Disney Channel some time ago. I also got to meet and take selfies with two other social media influencers while waiting, Steven Lim and Benito Skinner. 

The premiere was made for everyone, many adults were in attendance and I only saw some children who came with their families. It was amazing to see the cultural impact Barbie has had on different generations. Now, all together to celebrate Barbie's first showing on the big screen. 

Before the movie started, an introduction to the director and cast of the movie was demonstrated. It was amazing to hear directly from Greta Gerwig as she talked about how special the movie was to her and how excited she was for all of us to see it. It was also super cool to see Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling, Simu Liu, Kate Mckinnon, Issa Rae, America Ferrera, Michael Cera, and more cast-mates
on the stage. It felt so special to watch the movie with the people who created it. I am also a HUGE fan of Nicki Minaj so I was especially excited to be sitting in the same room as her. 


The movie was of course amazing and even brought some tears to my eyes at some points. I still have my tickets saved in my pink envelope with the complimentary pink popcorn that was also handed out to guests. When leaving, I was super lucky to get a quick picture with one of the Kens, Simu Liu. I had so much fun and will always remember that day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment