Saturday, September 28, 2024

How to make chicken flautas

I remember dinner being an important event growing up. Every night my siblings and I would have to sit at the table and enjoy a family meal together with our parents. My parents would cook together and make some of the most popular Mexican dishes we all know and love so much. My favorite dish until this day is chicken flautas which translates to chicken flutes due to the long thin shape of the rolled tortilla. It is accompanied by a side of beans, rice and salad. Adding condiments like homemade salsa, sour cream, and cheese makes the dish tastier. I don’t find myself in the kitchen often so luckily for me this dish is easy to make but delicious still. The hardest part is waiting for the chicken to cook. There are many ways to make these, but this is our recipe. Here is what you’ll need and how to make them.   

Ingredients: 

  • 1 chicken breast 

  • ½ tablespoon of salt 

  • ½ an onion 

  • 2 garlic cloves 

  • 1 cup of vegetable oil 

  • 10 tortillas 

Directions: 

  1. Add your onion, garlic, and salt to a pot of boiling water. 

  1. Add the chicken to the boiling water and let it cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour. 

  1. Once it is cooked, remove the chicken from the water and let it cool. Once cool, shred the chicken and set aside. 

  1. Grab tortillas and place them on a plate covered with a towel. Warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds so they can roll without breaking. 

  1. Stuff the tortilla with shredded chicken and roll them. Add a toothpick to close the taco so that it won't open while frying. 

  1. Add the taco to a pan with hot oil and fry until golden brown.  




1 comment:

  1. Definitely sounds good. I had to look up the difference between flautas and taquitos. It said the shape. I wonder flour tortillas vs. corn, too. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete