Friday, September 23, 2011

Come One Come All...




The L.A. County Fair is coming to an end with a week left before they pack up and leave. The fair opened on Sept. 3, offering a month full of festivities, games, rides, horse racing, food, concerts, shopping, petting zoo’s, and more until its closing day on Oct. 2, 2011. It’s a great place where family, friends, and love birds can go out and enjoy the amenities the fair has to offer. Take advantage of its last week and treat yourself to deep-fried food and a good time.


Make sure you dress comfortably because the fair has over 250 food and beverage stands that will satisfy any craving. From deep-fried pickles, frog legs, turkey legs, corn, cotton candy, candy apples, funnel cakes, hot dogs, beer, margaritas, smoothies, and snow cones, the fair has something for everyone. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed.

The End of Summer Concert series will conclude with the Demolition Derby on Thursday September 29th, Leann Rimes with special guest Kellie Pickler and Gloriana on Friday September 30th, ASA World Championship of Freestyle Motocross on Saturday October 1st, and lastly on Sunday October 2nd, Earth, Wind & Fire.


With endless attraction there is something to do for all ages. Attractions vary from OUR BODY exhibit that literally goes "under the skin," revealing the mysteries of the human anatomy. Esmeralda’s Traveling Circus will teach you the skills on how to juggle like a pro, face paint, and will give you the once in a life time opportunity to ride elephants.


Admission is relatively reasonable. On weekdays, adults (13+) are $12 and children (6-12) are $7. On weekends adults (13+) are $17 and children (6-12) are $12. However, I have provided the $5 After 5p.m. coupon which you can download and attend any day between Wednesday and Friday for $5 after 5p.m.


The fair will be opened Wednesday-Sunday in the upcoming week and hours will vary. On Wednesday the park will be opened up from noon-midnight, Thursday (Noon-11pm), Friday (Noon-midnight), Saturday (10am-midnight), and Sunday (10am-10pm).



Don’t miss out on the L.A. County Fair this year and treat yourself to a good time.


7 comments:

  1. I think it's so cool that our fairs are so unique! My cousin once teased me about the fact that our "city fairs" just aren't the same as those from the "country", but I think they are even better. The amount of diversity Los Angeles has to offer is unlike anywhere else in the world. A fair in Texas or Tennesee can't possibly offer all of the different cultural experiences that one in Southern California does. I love the fair! It's one of my favorite times of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend lives in upstate New York and at their annual fair they get a lot of free acts that come to their fair. This year they had Bruno Mars and Jake Own to name a couple. In the past year they had Lady Antebellum (which I was beyond jealous about). Also, my friend has had the chance to meet a lot of celebrities at the fair there because they just wander around the fair like it's nothing, or they actually set up meet and greets unlike here. They have some other food options that I have not seen at out fair either. I am so beyond jealous of the amazing things she has had at her fair over the years. I would have just abut DIED to have been able to see Lady Antebellum free! So i actually kind of think we are less lucky at least comparing to the New York State Fair. The tickets for the fair and concerts there are even cheaper too. I would die for that opportunity. I keep saying I will be there for their fair one year, hasn't happened yet though, sigh....
    PS It blows being poor and out of a job, I would love to be able to go to the Leann Rimes, Gloriana, and Kellie Pickler concert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little biased since I live so close to the Orange County Fair, but these events are just so much fun. I feel like there's just something so enjoyable about walking around and just enjoying the sites and experiencing new things with family and friends. Deep fried foods and sugary desserts galore, coupled with giant turkey legs and enormous corn dogs make me smile and want to curl up into a ball of food coma haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fairs are just a great place to be overall. They cater to so many people, from the family-oriented folks, couples, or just friends looking in search of a hangout!

    Despite how pricey it can get, which all depends on whether or not one decides to go "all out" with the excess of fried foods, I find it to be an area where the kid-at-heart comes alive.

    I know for a fact when I go, I get all excited to see the ponies and farm animals. Not only that, but I dig into the ginormous turkey legs, however, since I try to eat pretty healthy, I stay away from the fried foods!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes those ticket prices are kind of steep. $13 on a weekday?! Thanks for posting a link to a coupon, though, $5 is way more reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to the L.A. fair last Friday with the $5 after 5 coupon, and it was awesome. It's kind of ridiculous how expensive fairs can get, but I think the $5 after $5 is a pretty sweet deal, especially because some of the food stands did that as well. My friend and I split a funnel cake and seven chocolate covered strawberries, and I think we spent a total of like $13. Still more than I'd like, but it's ... it was better than the normal price, and it's the fair. You HAVE to get some sort of fried food. ;)

    I like that the fair has other food options as well, like Pink's and King Taco and whatnot. I got a Pink's hot dog for a little under $5, while a couple of my friends spent nearly $10 on a giant corndog. It was kind of funny how huge it was; there is no way I could eat that much meat in one sitting.

    I've never been to the O.C. fair, but I have to say the L.A. one was better than I expected. I think it's something everyone should do at least once.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just convinced me to go to the LA fair. I have been to the Del Mar one, but now I'm excited to try this one. My question for you is if you have ever tried the frog legs you mentioned. I've had frog before and it weirdly tasted like chicken lol

    ReplyDelete