Tuesday, October 1, 2024

A Fun Bonding Experience With My Sister

 Growing up, I was always a huge fan of WWE. As a kid, I could never attend any shows because there just wasn’t enough money for my brother and me to go. Last year, we finally attended two shows for the first time and had an amazing time. Last week, I took my younger sister, Sophia, who has recently gained interest in WWE, to her first show.

I heard that WWE Monday Night Raw was going to be in Ontario, California—about an hour from where we live—and thought this would be the perfect birthday gift for her. Sophia tends to pick up interests from my brother and me, whether it’s basketball, soccer or football. She began watching WWE with me in April while I was watching WrestleMania and has been hooked ever since. When I let her know I would be taking her to a show, she screamed in excitement.


Seeing her eyes light up throughout the entire show was special for me, as it was something I never experienced at her age. I made sure to enhance the experience by purchasing her a T-shirt and a hat of her favorite wrestler, Jey Uso, along with a kids' toy championship.


A week prior, it was announced that the main event would feature Jey Uso challenging for the Intercontinental Championship. Sophia and I were thrilled, hoping she would get to see him win his first singles championship. When it was time for the match, she jumped for joy as he entered the arena, cheering him on the entire time. After nearly 30 minutes, Jey Uso pulled off the win, achieving his dream while Sophia completed one of hers.

During the ride home, she kept saying, “I told you he was going to win!” This experience was amazing for me as well because, growing up, I didn’t have many friends who enjoyed watching WWE, and my brother lost interest as he got older. Being able to share one of my longest hobbies with Sophia meant the world to me. I look forward to sharing more fun experiences with her in the future.






1 comment:

  1. You know you totally won the sibling of the year award, too, right? What a magical experience! (Only child here, but I did enjoy taking my younger cousins to slightly scary movies.)

    ReplyDelete