Thursday, October 3, 2024

Balancing Work, Friendships, and Self-Care as a College Student

 As a college student, it can take time to prioritize your personal life and interests while keeping your academics at the top of your to-do list. Being a full-time student with two jobs has taught me how to balance excelling academically and having fun outside of a school setting. This importance of a healthy balance is something I often neglected as I devoted most of my time to school. However, after making changes in my life to incorporate things I enjoyed, I enhanced my way of living. Here are three tips to find balance in your life to adopt and maintain a healthy lifestyle. 


The first tip would be to establish your priorities, whether that be school, work, or personal relationships, identifying what is important to you will allow you to navigate your time properly. Trying to balance everything going on in your life isn’t easy, therefore taking a moment to sit back and reflect on the elements in your life that are of most importance is necessary. 


Once you identify your priorities, it is important to create a plan with a time management angle to help you distribute your time accordingly. Before creating a plan of my own, I would often dedicate my time solely to school-affiliated responsibilities, leaving little time for personal hobbies and relationships. Becoming exhausted with my routine, I set up a “rule” for myself to only spend a certain amount of time at school. With the exception of deadlines and study time, I set boundaries to leave spare time for my other priorities. Making sure I was still on top of my academics, I ensured to give myself the opportunity to tap into new hobbies and strengthen relationships.


My last tip is to give yourself grace. Being a college student isn’t easy. Learning to navigate the world as young adults is a job of its own. Therefore, take time aside for yourself to relax and recharge!  



No comments:

Post a Comment