Thursday, May 16, 2024

A TRIP TO VILLA GESELL

 Last year in January of 2023, I took a trip to South America and visited my family in Argentina as a family vacation. During this time, we stayed in Argentina for a month and I got to spend time with my aunts, uncles, and cousins which was a lovely time. During this visit, it had been thirteen years since I had last been to Argentina, and this year I got to explore more parts of Argentina such as the beaches which I had not been to before. During my stay in Buenos Aires, where we stayed for most of the time, we took a bus that drove us up to the beaches which took us to our destination to Villa Gesell. During our day out on the beach, it is a very common beverage that is enjoyed in Argentina. Yerba Mate is the dry leaves of the yerba mate plant which is the main ingredient. Then, on the side it is important to have a large container of not boiling, but hot water to pour into the calabash which is what holds the drink. Then when it’s ready to drink, you sip the drink through a metal straw, in Argentina it is called a bombilla. What is also commonly consumed Argentina is chicken Milanesa, which is chicken breast that is typically pounded into a thinner slice and then seasoned with pepper and salt as well then dipped into beet and eggs, and then coated in flour and then it’s ready to be eaten with a side of mashed potatoes as as side as pictured in the image below. 


The image below is Villa Gesell


The beaches were packed throughout the coastline and Villa Gisell was filled with a lot of family and children. During my four day stay on this beach, I noticed that the fathers not only by the beaches, but in Argentina, are mainly the ones who are carrying their children around and walking with them more than the mothers. Here in California and in the states in general, I have noticed that mainly the mother takes charge and is usually the main one by their child’s side and walking them around. In Argentina, I noticed that there was that huge difference the more I paid attention to the parents than I noticed 13 years ago. In Argentina, it is very family oriented, and there is a lot to enjoy during the day such as the beaches which are always constantly packed down the coastline. Argentina is a great place to travel with at least an extra person with you, or even a large group such as a group of friends or your family. Make sure to pay a visit to the beach in Argentina, such as Villa Gesell or even Mar del Plata which is another beach that is also packed with day party experiences and adventure to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment