Wednesday, May 1, 2024

DIY Slime Making

It is crazy how social media is buzzing over making slime. Many people on social media are getting creative and showcasing their way on how they are making slime. There are various ways to make slime and I am going to be sharing the supplies you need to make your own.

Supplies:

  • Bowl or flat surface (floor, table, countertop)
  • Glue
  • Shaving cream
  • Food coloring
  • Glitter, beads (for texture) optional
  • Lotion (for scent) optional
  • Slime activators (contact solution, micellar water, laundry detergent, baking soda + water, Febreze, Lysol)

In these TikTok posts each individual is using a different type of activator to make their slime. Since seeing a lot of these videos pop up on my for you page on TikTok, I have now been influenced to want to make my own slime.

In this TikTok, Avery Cyrus makes her slime using contact solution which is the most common for activating slime. In her opinion, it's the quickest way to make slime.

Ariana Lee known for making slime videos on TikTok uses micellar water as a slime activator. She gets creative and brings fun into her slime-making by mixing in colorful foam beads.

In this TikTok, Juliana Godfrey uses laundry detergent which at first surprises me but unexpectedly works just as well as the other alternative slime activators.

This TikTok, slime account is showing an alternative way for a slime activator which is by mixing baking soda and adding in water.

Jordan Noriega uses Febreze as an activator for his slime which surprises me but I am quite shocked that it works.

Gianna M Joyce experiments on TikTok with Lysol for her slime making and to her surprise she realizes that Lysol can be used as a slime activator.


As you can see there are many alternatives for making slime. Although the process of making slime can be a bit messy the experience of making your own slime will be fun no matter the option of activator you choose.






7 comments:

  1. Slime is so fun. I was shocked to see Febreeze on the list, but it worked. It's pretty cool to use supplies from home rather than buying it. It looks fun to experiment with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO WAY!! I worked with kids and totally could have used this like three weeks ago...we made slime...or tried to make slime...I forgot the activator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Adriana,

    Great insights going over the trendy tips on how to create slime especially with the reference links from TikTok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Adriana! Such a fun blog post. very easy to follow, Can't wait to try with my nephews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Adriana, this blog is so exciting to read. I love slime and your easy steps of what is needed to make slime made me realize just how easy it is to make slime with very few things. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading this! Making slime was a huge thing for me during the pandemic, I experimented with a ton of different types and consistencies of slime. This was a great throwback!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adriana you just unlocked a specific core memory for me! I remember back home in the Philippines it wasn't common to buy slime and so I have created a mess in the kitchen with my cousins trying to make our own concoction I wish I had this recipe then :o

    ReplyDelete