Wednesday, May 1, 2024

What I Cooked In April (*^ -^*)

 April Faves: Food Edition


As someone who loves food I am constantly taking pictures of what I eat. I love for my food to look “pretty”. In my mind, if it looks good it's gonna taste good. I’ve also been really into cooking for myself because I want to spend less on fast food. 


Ever since my girlfriend started coming over twice a week we’ve decided that we would only be eating out on the weekends and on special occasions. So during the week I cook dinner when she comes over.


This month I did a lot of cooking and I wanted to share what I made!




Hot Dogs!


2. The very first meal that I made in April was hotdogs! I’ll admit, I used to be a hotdog hater. As I got older I really started to appreciate mustard in all its forms and wanted more ways to incorporate it into my food. With hotdogs I always start by doing some caramelized onions and throwing some thinly sliced jalapeño in the pan with the onions. I like to use that as a topping instead of relish. To finish it off I top the hotdogs with ketchup and some honey dijon mustard!



Aguachile!



2. Earlier this month my little brother wanted to have a carne asada with some of his friends and he asked me to help him cook. Usually I’d say no because I'm still pretty nervous about my cooking since I'm still a beginner. I said yes because I wanted to get out of my comfort zone and try to make something completely new. So he asked me to make them some aguachile and I’d say that for my first time they came out pretty good!


Breakfast!


3. I used to be the kind of person that never ate breakfast. Now that I have busier and longer days I find it super important to eat a good meal before I get my day started. My go-to breakfast is pretty much always the same. I'll have avocado toast with a fried egg and I usually top it with kewpie mayo and chili oil!. On the side I like to have a serving of cottage cheese with blackberries, crushed walnuts and some honey. 



Ground turkey bowl!



4. This is the meal that I make most consistently and that everyone in my family loves. It always comes out differently depending on the ingredients that I have on hand but the base is always the same. Recently I've been adding friend onions to top off the bowl to add some texture! I also really like adding some steamed dumplings too. 


While I know that I'm not a chef, I really love to cook. Whether it’s something simple or something more complex it's always fun finding new ways to improve my favorite meals and it always feels so much better eating a home cooked meal!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, all of these look super delicious! I love how you included a variety of foods for any time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how photogenic all of these dishes came out, great job on the cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I pray I become an amazing cook like you! your dishes look delicious and I want to learn how to become a good chef like you one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie my girl, you have been kicking it in the kitchen! I love me a good hotdog and I like your aesthetic! <3

    ReplyDelete