Thursday, October 13, 2011

YOUtube, not SLAMtube

Answer something for me please; am I the only one who gets annoyed by people’s comments on Youtube?

As I was watching a segment on Youtube that was from “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on Wednesday, I could not help but scroll down and notice some of the absurd comments that were made by people.

I missed a portion of “Ellen” on Wednesday, which featured two adorable little girls, Sophia Grace and Rosie, singing to Nicki Minaj’s “Super Bass.” The main singer, Sophia Grace, who is 8 years old, has one of the biggest personalities I have ever seen. She is full of energy and enthusiasm.

Ellen had seen their home video on Youtube singing to Nicki Minaj, and loved it; so Ellen asked the girls to come out to L.A. to appear on her show.

Before they sang for her, Ellen interviewed the girls first, where the audience got a feel for their enthusiasm. Yet the true excitement came when Nicki Minaj came out and surprised the girls. I must say, this was one of the cutest things I had ever seen. The look on Sophia Grace’s face was priceless when Nicki came out.

Though I am not a fan of Nicki Minaj myself, I really enjoyed this portion of the show. The girls were absolutely adorable when they sang “Super Bass” and their bubbly personalities made them just that much more adorable.

However, when scrolling through the comments underneath the video, I became very annoyed. People can be so negative and mean!

I am sure, and I would hope, that Sophia Grace would not ever see or hear some of these comments because they are just plain nasty. Someone said she was annoying, someone asked: “what do her parents feed her for breakfast, crack?” another person said she is a brat; and someone said the Rosie was prettier than her. Unfortunately, I could go on and list many more negative comments, but I will stop the list here. In fact, I had to stop looking at the comments because they were making me sick. I ask, what the hell is wrong with people?

This little girl is 8 years old and full of life and enthusiasm. Is there something wrong with her being excited about meeting one of her favorite singers and being on television? Honestly, I would be more concerned if she wasn’t so excited. Yes, she may be hyper, but what child isn’t? This girl actually has personality, and I would not be surprised if she became famous one day.

Is it really necessary for people feel the need to criticize and say horrible things? I cannot comprehend this; some people have something seriously wrong with them. Leave the poor girl alone! More importantly, leave Youtube as it is, no need to slam everyone with rude comments. Especially children!

For those of you interested, here are the two links to watch the segment.

The Interview: http://youtu.be/_Tlt6WRpaTI

Meeting Nicki: http://youtu.be/f9573kGBtuE

5 comments:

  1. Totally agree. People hide behind the anonymity of the internet and abuse it by leaving comments they would never say in face-to-face situations. There's definitely some mean people out there; hopefully the kids never saw the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you commented on this. I have also found myself completely annoyed with these people who choose to engage in "internet bashing". It's childish and uncalled for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also hate all those comments. People are rude and mean for no reason and then go off on some kind of sidenote all the time. People are just such haters. If you don't like the video don't watch it or just give it the "thumbs down." I don't understand how people could be full of that much hate to take the time out of their day to write non sense. They aren't helpful critics either. People just love to hide behind their computers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree. It is sad that people feel that the anonymity of the internet gives them the right to say hurtful things to people. Cyberbullying is a really big problem in society today and Youtube should really clean up their comments and monitor what users are saying

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also agree that many people become "uncensored" once they feel they are in the comfort of the internet. It's unfortunate that many people treat comment sections as opportunities to insult and degrade, and not to discuss issues constructively. I find it kind of humorous when I see people arguing about whether or not they liked a certain video on YouTube.

    I try not to take it seriously though, because I feel that they are more than likely just an angry person who feels the need to vent. They should do it elsewhere though.

    ReplyDelete