Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Madres Brunch, Your Next Brunch Spot!

(Menu option)

    This new brunch spot in Whittier, California has put their own twist in creating a Mexican-American inspired brunch menu on some on of your favorite dishes. They have indoor and outdoor seating, where you can enjoy your favorite lattes that are Mexican inspired. They opened a couple of months ago and recently shared that they are expanding to Bellflower, California. 

    I recently visited with my grandma and my two aunts about two weeks ago during Spring Break and I'm going to give you a run down on what we ate and drank during our visit and why you should make this your new brunch spot!


Birria Omelette

    My grandma picked the Birria Omelette and she said it had a nice texture and combination of cheese to meat ratio, plus a nice tasting consomé. It wasn't too salty and it wasn't too greasy as well. We were all surprised that it came with beans since the menu didn't mention but we were all happy with the dish. She was fully satisfied with how big the plate was since she doesn't like feeling too full. Overall, she rates it a 10/10!

(Birria Omelette)


Toast Sampler

    My aunt picked the toast sampler. The dish included three toasted white bread with different toppings on each of them. One had avocado spread on top, with bacon, and eggs. The second just had avocado spread and baby tomatoes and finally the last one came with avocado, baby tomatoes, oven baked salmon, and a special sauce. The bread was very toasty and not greasy, plus the salmon was not dry but filled with juice. It's a nice dish to try all of the different types of toast they offer but if you're starving, it will not fill your tummy. Overall she rates it a 9/10!

(Toast Sampler)

The Journey
    My other aunt and myself picked The Journey. They are gorgeous pink pancakes that have an explosion of strawberry flavors. The pancakes are super fluffy and they are topped with fresh strawberries, pink and white pebbles of frosting, and a pink type of syrup on top. We both honestly believed that it would taste like pure sugar but to our surprise, it was really light on the sweetness. This was overall our favorite option from the menu and we would definitely eat it again. Overall this was a 10/10!

(The Journey)


Mimosa Flight
    I never had champagne in my life since I recently turned 21-years-old but these three mimosas were super tasty and sweet. On the light, we had a Rose, Passionfruit, and blueberry flavored mimosas. They were all sweet but not overly sweet. In my opinion, I liked the passionfruit one a lot more than the blueberry one. At the restaurant we learned that this was their original mimosa flight but every month, they add special limited ones according to the holidays or seasons. Overall, I give it a 8/10!

(Left: Passionfruit, Center: Blueberry, Right: Rose)


4 comments:

  1. Omg! The journey looks so pretty to look at! Those have to be the prettiest pancakes I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! YUMMYYYYY! This spot looks amazing and I am for sure going to be adding this to my go to places. That mimosa flight also looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those dishes look great! That birria omelet looked especially appetizing, I'll have to check it out some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems like a really cool spot. I need to go and try it out. The birria omelet looks super good.

    ReplyDelete