Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Simple Fun Things to do Over The Summer!

Summer is right around the corner, and school is almost out. If you’re graduating, then that means you will be done with school for good. If you aren’t done this semester, you’ll have a nice summer break before returning in the fall. Either way, every student will need time off to have fun and relax. I’ll mention a few general cost-efficient things that one could do during the summer to help them take the edge off a busy spring semester.

Corona Del Mar Beach

Of course, with the heat already coming in, going to the beach is a must. Any beach will do as long as you have a little space to put your stuff down. You can lay a towel on the sand and sunbathe, maybe get a little tan. Everyone loves looking a little sun-kissed. If you prefer being more active, try finding an area with a net to try out beach volleyball. Or simply run into the ocean! As a kid, I remember going about knee-deep in the water and waiting for the waves to get close enough to jump over them. I would try avoiding touching the white part of the water when I jumped as my little game. Oh, the nostalgia! Oh yeah, I can’t forget building sandcastles! If you have any toys that could help, you bring them. If not, you could honestly use anything with a hole. You could use a bowl or a small Tupperware. I haven’t had a good beach day in a while, so I definitely am going to take my own advice and go this summer.

Community Beach at Hart Park in Orange

Something similar is going to the pool! If you have a pool where you live, that’s even better because you won’t have to go far at all. If you don’t have a pool where you live, try asking a friend or family member that does. If all else fails, there is always a community pool nearby that could work. I know there might be a bit of embarrassment that may come a long with going to the community pool, but it isn’t that different from having the pool to yourself. It adds liveliness and energy.

Color 5K Fun Run at the Angel Stadium 

One last thing you could do during the summer is to invest in physical activity other than the gym. This could be running at a park or trail, playing tennis, attempting basketball, volleyball, or ultimate frisbee, or signing up for fun runs. The possibilities are endless. I say you do something other than the gym because the gym can be boring. You are surrounded by the same machines doing the same workouts. It would be more fun to spice it up just a bit by doing something like a sport. The best thing about it is that it can be very cheap to do! You don’t need a fancy facility to play the sport, you can go to a park and more likely than not there will be a court. All you will need to do is pick the activity and get the necessary supplies, which shouldn’t be much. I plan to play a bit of tennis since I already have a racquet and balls and hopefully attend some fun runs over the summer.

 If you’ve had a stressful spring semester, I hope you will try out one of these ways to relax. As a student, and most likely as someone who works as well, you don’t have a lot of time to have fun. During summer break, you will have more free time to go out and do these activities and live a little bit away from assignments and quizzes. Whether you decide to or not, I wish everyone a fantastic summer and good luck to those graduating!

6 comments:

  1. I love going to the beach and pool during the summer! It is such a great way to cool down, spend time with your friends and best of all: it's free! Perfect for a college student.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for summer! I will be going to the beach in Mexico with my family and I literally can't wait. I definitely can't wait to de-stress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super excited for the summer! I can’t wait to go to the beach its my favorite thing to do

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer is the best and I feel like a lot of people live their best lives in the sunshine. Can't wait to hit the beach this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer is approaching!!! I am so excited. Thank you for this post, you really got me in the mood. I hope I can do some of these things over the summer.

    ReplyDelete