Monday, November 20, 2023

A Realistic New Years Goals- A Self Reflection


As the new year is slowly approaching, I’ve been thinking about my new year resolution/goal. I have always been the type to say I’m going to start going to the gym, but I was never consistent with it. I think for this year, I will start with something I'm actually able to stay consistent with instead of something I will give up later on. I think starting small goals and being consistent with those goals will help when planning to start bigger ones in the future. That being said, here are some goals that I think are possible for not only me but everyone else:


  1. Make the bed at least once a week.

    1. I know people think, “why make the bed if you’re just going to go back to sleep?” However, making the bed, even when you know you’re probably going to lay back down on it, makes one feel accomplished. It feels as of something has been checked off from an individual to-do list. Even though someone might only be able to make their bed once a week, they will feel satisfied and that they got something done. Building on this habit will maybe help in wanting to make the bed two times a week and maybe later increase how many times you do it. 


  1. Wash you face at least once time everyday.

    1. I feel like this one might be difficult because you have to do it every day. It’s also recommended to wash your face twice a day. However, sometimes, it’s hard to wake up early to wash your face. That’s why I recommend washing your face at least before you go to sleep. I feel that going to sleep refreshed helps with a better night's sleep. It also helps you keep a clear face, which may further develop your skincare routine. I’ve recently started washing my face in the morning and night, and I’ve been able to see results. 


  1. Drink more than 2 cups/2 bottles of water every day.

    1. It is important to stay hydrated, especially when you are on the go or busy. Sometimes, people don’t like to drink water or simply forget. I sometimes forget to drink water and decide to drink something else, like a soda. However, water is essential for the human body. Make sure to at least try to get that amount, and if you can drink more, that would be great. I would say this is one of the most important habits to create.


  1. Journal once a week.

    1. Sometimes, you may not have someone to talk to about how you’ve been feeling lately. Writing everything you’ve been feeling into a paper not only helps you release that pent-up emotion. It will also make you feel better. It also doesn't all have to be negative. You can talk about the good stuff that happened in your life or something you’re grateful for. What’s important is that you’re expressing yourself and creating a habit about it. Not everything has to be kept in.


  1. When something goes well in work, school etc, treat yourself.

    1. Life can be hard sometimes, especially when you have a busy schedule. Sometimes, you have a bad day or a bad week, and you manage to pull through and reward yourself. It can be buying yourself something simple like ice cream or giving yourself an extra hour of sleep. Making this a habit will maybe help you see that even though some days are bad, you will always pull through. 



I know these may seem simple to some, but to those who sometimes struggle to make a habit like me, simple stuff can be hard. Yes, it can be difficult to continue that habit, and maybe you’ll forget to do some of these or any other goal you’ve set in mind, and that’s okay. If you mess up, you can start again the next day and continue where you left off. These are just some suggestions, but you can set any goal you believe you’ll be able to accomplish.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a realistic and good goal setting list. I will include a couple of these in my new years resolution list as well. I definitely could be better about drinking more water every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so refreshing to hear someone with New Years goals that I can relate to. It seems the smallest changes can make the biggest impact. I am definitely with you on these and you have given me some ideas to add to my resolution list this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a book called "Atomic Habits" which is somewhat similar to this. Everyone loves to make grand New Year's resolutions but really it's the small things that are not only the most accomplishable but the most effective.

    ReplyDelete