Sunday, November 19, 2023

How to Make Ginger and Honey Lemon Tea

 How to Make Ginger and Honey Lemon Tea


The flu/cold season is starting to come around as the fall and winter times are beginning to approach us. During these times, one might want a warm tea to drink while reading a book or a tea to help you feel better when you’re sick. This recipe is easy to make, and it doesn’t take much time to make it either. It also has many benefits for the body. Let’s get started.


Here are the list of ingredients you’ll need:

  • Two cups of water

  • Two ginger stumps

  • One lemon or lime (whichever you have at home)

  • Two tablespoons of honey (or to your taste)

  • Eight spearmint leaves

  • Three garlic cloves

  • Two onion rings


Now let's make some tea:

  1. Get your two cups of water and bring it to a boil in a small cooking pot. While waiting for your water to boil, cut your two ginger stumps and three garlic cloves into thin slices. 

  2. Once the water starts to boil, add your sliced-up ginger and garlic and continue to boil for another two minutes.

  3. During those two minutes, grab your onion, cut it enough to give you two onion rings, and set it aside.  

  4. You will then grab your one or two spearmint branches, wash them if needed, and pull eight spearmint leaves.

  5. After 2 minutes, grab your two onion rings and eight spearmint leaves, place them in the pot, and continue to boil for another 2 minutes.

  6. Once the 2 minutes pass, turn off the stove and let the tea cool down to your preference.

  7. As the tea is cooling down, get your lemons, cut them in half, and squeeze the juice into a mug.  

  8. Then add two spoons of honey or to your taste into the same cup and stir.

  9. Lastly, strain the tea and pour it into the cup with honey and lemon, and enjoy!


It is a simple and easy recipe to follow, which you can make during the cold weather and when you’re feeling sick. The good thing about this recipe is that regardless of not having all the ingredients, the tea will still benefit you in some way. Maybe the ingredients from this tea will inspire you to make a different tea recipe you can share with friends and family.

5 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to try this recipe. I just started feeling sick when I woke up this morning so I will have to get the ingredients when I go to the store later. This is a perfect recipe when you're feeling sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Ginger and honey lemon tea is so good regardless of whether you are sick or not...I drink it at least once a week because it taste good and I always feel so much better physically after I drink it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this recipe! There are so many benefits in honey and ginger. Putting them together in a tea sounds so good for you. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely going to try this recipe. Unfortunately I was sick for the entirety of our fall break. I am beginning to feel better, but I still have a persistent cough. This will be a nice change to the teas and medicines I have been drinking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ginger and honey lemon tea is the best! My mom still makes it for me when I am sick and it makes me feel so much better. Even on cold days like this past week it is always nice to have something warm in your system!

    ReplyDelete