Sunday, November 12, 2023

Healthy Gut for a Healthy You

Taking care of your gut is one of the best things that you can do for your overall health. If you have ever felt chronic fatigue, insomnia, severe bloating, thyroid issues, or frequent mood changes, you may have an unhealthy gut. After incorporating certain foods into my lifestyle, I saw a huge difference in both my mental and physical health. I am definitely not a health professional myself, but I wanted to share a few foods that I recommend:


  1. Yogurt



Yogurt is made from fermented milk. Yogurt contains beneficial bacteria (I know bacteria sounds scary, but it’s good bacteria) that can promote a healthy balance in your gut. It improves your digestion and boosts your immune system. 

How to take: Yogurt bowls, adding into a smoothie, or papaya fruit bowl with yogurt.


  1. Miso



Miso contains probiotics, vitamins and minerals. Made from fermented soybeans, there are so many health benefits from Miso. Miso has a lot of anti-inflammatory properties that promote a healthy gut. It improves your digestion and defends your body from toxins and harmful bacteria. Another tip is if you are cooking miso soup, never have the water boiling! Make sure that you are adding it in as the final step with the heat turned on very low or turned off to avoid losing the nutritional benefits. 

How to take: Miso soup, miso-glazed salmon


  1. Kimchi



Kimchi is a fermented dish and there are several variations. You can make it out of cabbage, radish, cucumber, and more. This superfood aids in digestion, nutrient absorption, and balancing your gut. It has many anti-inflammatory benefits and can enhance your immunity. 

How to take: Kimchi Fried Rice or Kimchi Tofu Soup


  1. Bone Broth



Bone broth is the stock from soup and contains so many benefits when consumed. Bone broth is packed with nutrients and high in collagen. Collagen-rich foods maintain your skin elasticity and healthy joints. Incorporating bone broth into your diet can be so beneficial for your overall health. 

How to take: cup of bone broth every morning


  1. Sea Moss/Irish moss



Sea moss is extremely rich in vitamins, minerals and prebiotics. It can lower cholesterol, support gut health, and boost immunity. It is rich in antioxidants and can even help with eczema, acne and skin issues. A tip when eating sea moss is to not eat too much. You don’t want to consume too much iodine or heavy metals since it is a seaweed. One spoonful is the recommended amount per day. 

How to take: one spoonful every morning or added to a smoothie/tea


Hopefully you found this list useful! There are so many benefits when you take care of your gut such as improved nutrient absorption, better moods, stronger immune system, and more. These are also only a few types of food that can help out if you need it. I don’t eat them everyday, but I always try to sneak them in when I can. Thank you for reading!



2 comments:

  1. My diet has been so bad recently. I have gotten in a habit to eat whatever I'd like. It makes me feel so nasty and bloated after. I will definitely try some of these foods listed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these ideas! Taking care of your gut can overall improve your health. I recently started adding sea moss into my morning smoothies and I really have noticed a difference.

    ReplyDelete