Saturday, November 25, 2023

Please Take Care Of Yourself

    I've always been an advocate for mental health and believe in it wholeheartedly. This fall break has hit me with a simple dose of truth and reality check. It is a dose of truth in the sense that even though I believe in mental health, I have not prioritized that within myself. Fall break has been excellent because I had time for myself and just had simple do-nothing days. I can't remember the last time I had one because I've pushed myself to work to build a career but lost a sense of happiness in the process. 

    It is important to have days where you just do nothing and relax so you can unwind and mentally recharge to be the best version of yourself. The fall break did that for me, and I realized that it is okay to build a career, but you must also prioritize your mental health and happiness by doing what you want. I hit a point at work and school where I said I needed to take a little time away and have fun and be a 21-year-old. 

    Work and school will always be there, but having fun with your friends and loved ones is something you don't know can change. I spent time with loved ones at Disneyland, and it was so refreshing to just be at a place where work and school are tiny thoughts in the back of your head. 

    Being at home and going out with friends during the break just made me realize that life changes way too much for you to work all day and not be able to make memories. If you need a break, please take one and do something you love. 

    It may be said too much that focusing on your mental health is essential, but you need to take care of it to be the best version of yourself. You need to be able to have do-nothing days, go to Disneyland, or do whatever you need to enjoy life. 

4 comments:

  1. I admire this post. It is easy to forget to cherish the moments you have with loved ones, even the small ones. Focusing on mental health is also easier said than done, but the intention to do so is already that 1% closer to being more in tune with thyself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family and I are going tomorrow to see the holiday decorations! Definitely a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I resonate with your powerful realization about prioritizing mental health. It's awesome that you took the time during fall break for self-care and make time for those 'do-nothing days.' The balance between building a career and cherishing moments with loved ones is crucial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said! The most invaluable asset is our time and sometimes that time is best spent simply doing nothing. Allowing your mind to reset is essential to not overloading yourself.

    ReplyDelete